You might not know it but almost every day you benefit from the maritime and transportation industry. Every day hundreds of thousands of workers nationwide are sailing, desigining, building, repairing, and managing ships that bring cargo to the U.S., ship goods overseas, carry our sailors to ports worldwide, and people sail for enjoyment.
- There are cool jobs with employers in the martitme and transportation industry all over the U.S. that might be perfect for you! If you like:
- · learning about and using new technology
- · making new things
- · working with your hands
- · working with teams of people on lots of different types of projects
- · working outside or in non-office environments
- The maritime and transportation industry offers you the chance to do something you enjoy and make a good living while doing it. Middle-skill technicians are in high demand in the maritime and transportation industry. Middle-skill positions require more education than a high school diploma but less than a four-year college degree.
The maritime and transportation industry offers you the opportunity to:
- ...learn valuable skills
- ...earn a good salary
- ...enjoy employer benefits
- ...contribute to our country’s growth and security
- Click here to read first-hand from high school graduate Megan
McCullar about why she took the registered apprenticeship pathway
into the maritime and transportation industry and why should would
encourage any student to consider doing the same.